Friday, October 7, 2011

Sock Monkey's



The sock monkey's are done and delivered. They do look really cute even though I am not overly fond of sock monkeys in general. The star eyes I sew makes me like them more then your average sock moneky. I also picked up a few sewing machine tips from my friend which is great because most of my knowledge base is trail and error.

I have also put out invitations for our annual dinner and trick or treating. I am kind of worried this year because I am not sure if we will have the money for candy for trick or treaters, pizza and the supplies for Monster Eyes. We can't not have the party though, the kids look forward to it, we have it every year and have since I was pregnant with Biggest. Of course back then we didn't trick or treat but just hung out and handed candy to the trick or treaters. PLUS my sister will be visiting from Denver, which the kids are going to flip over! I am super excited to see her too. I did mention in the invite that if people want they can bring food to share or candy we could hand out so maybe that will relieve some of the financial strain. Being poor sucks sometimes, I am usually pretty good about it, I don't want that much stuff and I can mostly make do with what we have and turn almost nothing into something, but when it comes to the kids it makes me sad. I have taught them well to make do with what they have, as we speak Biggest is making a puppet theater out of an old cardboard box and our art supplies, but I would like to be able to do things for them, show them things, take them on adventures. I think Biggest is going to have to miss a field trip because it is $20.00 and they are going to have to pack their lunches on Jason's days at school, which might be all that much harder because I am the one that runs the program for the school and hands out the lunches every Wednesday. It almost makes me wish I could just keep them home that day so they wouldn't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment