Tuesday, October 25, 2011

inappropriate public railing

Today is not a good day. I want to post on facebook

" I don't give a shit about your new iphone, your trip to the bar, the concert, some exciting locale, Good for you! My van door is broken and won't shut properly, I don't know if it will fly open while I am driving. Hy home is not a safe place to be I live in fear that part of the ceiling, a beam or the front door will crash down on my kids, so NO I don't give a fuck about your remodeled house, your fancy gadget or whatever else you spent money on!!"

I will not do this, it is rude, and it is not their fault WE have no money. I told Chris we need a new van, one that does not leak, one with latch, all doors working and AC that works throughout the whole thing. He told me to get a fucking job, to buy a van, and all the money I make is to pay for the van. I did not take it well. I have been suggesting I get a job off and on for years, the answer is always no, it won't work, it just won't work with his work schedule. If I got a job the kids would go into daycare/after care. After paying for that we would have close to nothing left. Sometimes I feel trapped.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry for your frustrations =(...Have you thought about fixing the van door and the leaks...I mean, I'm sure you have, but it is still a good option and a lot cheaper.
    Is there really question in the integrity of the beams...hmm...you should make a list of the safety issues and post it here or on facebook and try to have them addressed asap...we have enough friends that should be able to help. And they will come quickly for things like this.

    And don't feel bad about not wanting to hear about other's "good-fortune"...People have a moral obligation to not gloat and to be sensitive to those around them...Especially if they know you well enough.
    Oh by the way, I was just wondering what you've been up to since I didn't hear back from you regarding my text Tuesday morning or my post regarding your Halloween get-together...
    And now I will be waiting to see your list & figure out how we can help =)

    ReplyDelete