Monday, November 16, 2009

going to the zoo, zoo, zoo

Middlest had her first field trip today. Her class went to the zoo. Littlest and I came along to help supervise and enjoy. Middlest was upset on the way there because the other cars had her classmates and ours had none despite space available. She had a hard time perking up, but eventually seeing all of the animals did their work. She was still clingy the entire time, to me or to her teacher. At one point I was slinging Littlest, holding her, and one of her little classmates. Honestly it was one of those times I am so thankful I am a younger mother. (Something my mothering friends have been bringing to light, not in a bad way, just a surprised "wow, your only 27" way.) It was so excellent to be back at the zoo, it has been a very long time. The zoo is around the corner (and about8 blocks) from our house and we used to have a pass which was awesome. Littlest is 9 months now and at just the right age to start going, plus it's fun for the older kids, even in the hot dog days of summer it is nice because they have a water play area. I am hoping Santa brings passes. The kids got to feed lorikeets, giraffes and fish as well as see many others. They started to get tired and hungry and we trudged on, finally arriving at the back restaurant which they closed to put in an arcade. So walk on we must, finally making our way to the front of the zoo and enjoying the animals along the way. After lunch we headed back to the school and I requested children in the car. One of the other mothers offered to let me drive the crew she brought so she could head back to the office. So it worked out perfectly, Middlest was pleased as punch to have two classmates AND her teacher in our car. I was pleased she didn't have to feel left out which always hurts my heart when I see my kids feeling like that.

Littlest was some what fussy and just sort of stared at things and people while we were there, not interacting the way she usually does, this evening I discovered why. a 100.9 fever. She's just laying on me nursing now and I feel so sad for her and for our whole household with various sickness having stuck around on and off for over a month now. I'd just like everyone to be healthy once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment