Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sewing

I am sewing 2 sock monkeys for my friend in barter for her husband tuning up my sewing machine when it needs it. I think this is a fabulous trade, as does she. (I am contracted to sew extras for her in case she gets invited to birthday parties. I finished one monkey then couldn't find the socks for the second monkey but being in a sewing mood I wanted to do SOMETHING and decided to see if I had fabric in my stash for one of the kids Halloween costumes. I did in fact have dark and light pink fleece that would be perfect for Littlest's Foofa costume.



Foofa is the pink one, and Hubs is going to be DJ Lance Rock (the human) because he knows Littlest will be thrilled beyond belief. His costume will actually be the only one this year that will cost any money. I have fabric available for the other costumes, well I need to decide what I am going to be. But paying for supplies for just one costume is pretty good out of 5. Littlest was SO happy when her costume was made, she actually stood next to the sewing machine to help me feed the fabric through as I sewed it. I did accidentally reverse the colors, but you can see fromt he picture she doesn't mind.



Then I decided that fleece pants would probably be too hot so I added a strip of dark pink to turn it into a dress. I think the whole thing looks GREAT.




I finally found the socks I was looking for, so when I finish both monkey's I will post a picture, then it's on to sewing Middlest's Wasp outfit, she's a super hero from the cartoon the Avengers. The girls and their Dad watch the show together, they are all really into it. Oldest this year has decided to put her own costume together, it really makes me so proud to watch them craft and use their imagination to make themselves toys, costumes, etc. It may make my house a mess, but it is satisfying to the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment