Monday, October 17, 2011

My crafty daughter

Middlest's best friend just turned 6! We were brainstorming what to make her for her birthday with supplies we had at the house, and I had to nix the first idea because of a shortage of time. Middlest pointed out that buying something was the quickest thing to do but I had to remind her there wasn't money for shopping. We perused the family fun magazine she gets in the mail and I tried to sell her on the partially woven fleece scarf. She shot it down. Then she came up with the idea to make a skirt for her friend. She chose a neon orange fleece and showed me how she wanted me to make it, and while I sewed it up she made a pumpkin applique with curly vines and showed me which fleece she wanted me to use for each. I was super proud to have her creating this idea for her friend and happy that I could make it a reality. Also imagining the day she will make the plan and put it into action. Middlest is VERY into sewing and she loves fashion so I have no doubt that she will be designing her own clothes one day. So, here are the photos of the skirt. In no way did my camera phone show the neon brightness of this skirt.


and a close up of the applique. She did not like the way I originally sewed the lines on the pumpkin, so I redid it and this one met her approval.


I LOVE what she made, and her best friend loved it! Her best friend(who also enjoys designing clothes) really appreciated her design and the hard work it took to make it. When I asked Middlest about making it she said she "thought really really hard, as hard as she could think in order to design it." I thanked her for her hard work and told her I thought it came out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment