Friday, October 21, 2011

Compassion

I pulled up to an intersection where a bum was sitting leaned up against a sign post. My window was down and Queen was blasting. When I realized he was asleep I turned the music down and though "wow, that's a bad place to sleep" and then he fell over right into the road. Since my car wasn't in park I couldn't jump out, but I leaned out and very concerned asked if he was okay. It was such a scary situation because I realized how badly it could have turned out if the light had been green when that happened. It made me think of a few things. Barbara Coloroso's theory on bullying and how people don't care when that person is outside of the circle they perceive as people worth caring about and the little 2 year old girl who got run over in China and people didn't even stop to see if she was okay. How can people walk past a human being? Everyone deserves compassion, even horrible people, not that this bum was horrible, just unfortunate. He's okay, he got up and seemed confused. I wish I could have done something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment