Monday, October 24, 2011

Holiday Helpes and Halloween

I'm helping with Mothering.com's holiday helpers and was worried because I haven't been on mothering in over a day, we were pretty busy with parties, haunted woods, and crafting that HAD to be done. Luckily, I didn't miss anything regarding Holiday Helpers, we will start taking Families in need tomorrow, then making a master list of need's and ASSIGNING Families to helpers, that's the part I am doing keeping track of FIN and making sure their needs get met. In the past I have been a family in need and I have donated, but this is the first year I am helping organize. I am really excited as this program has saved Christmas before.

The Haunted Walk, thoughts- there were SO MANY people. Waiting in our car to get in (I had to pee, of course) was so long, we got lost getting to the park and Oldest was bored and worried because the chickens weren't put up. She was moaning as we waited that sitting here was a waste of time "a waste of chickens!", we didn't want her to be upset the whole time so even though our neighbor hadn't gotten back to us about our request to put the chickens up, we told her he had. We FINALLY got in and then had to wait in line to use the bathroom, and then we had to wait in line to go on the Haunted Woods tour, luckily a father with 2 boys about the girls age was in front of us, and the kids entertained themselves. We told the kids what it would be like, and we really thought they were big enough. They were not, Middlest was in tears clutching Hubs so tight he said it felt like a vise grip. Oldest would not let go of my hand and spent about 1/3 of the time crying. Eventually people stopped jumping out at us because of the girls wailing. Afterwords everyone agreed we would stick to the Farm Pumpkin Patches for a few more years. Then we waited in line for the hayride until the kids were so tired they just wanted to leave. So to recap that night, lines, lines, sheer terror, lines, home. Yep, farm pumpkin patches are more fun.

The next day was the neighborhood pumpkin parade, I found out the night before and did not have Middlest's costume done yet. So Sunday I was slated to sew, sew, sew. On the way to buy velcro (total cost of Middlest's costume $0.79 for velcro, but I only used half) my firend called and told me our friends 3 year old daughter's birthday was later that day. Which meant 2 things, I needed to make her a present and I had to leave the house 2 hours earlier then I had planned. I am happy to say I got everything I needed done in time..well almost, I finished the wings for Middlest costume at the birthday party.

The Wasp


Middlest as the Wasp (she asked where the Antenna were, oops, I'll be making those now. Didn't even notice she had any)


my 3 Halloween Girls, Oldest put together her costume all by herself!


and the crown bracelet set I whipped up for the birthday girl, pretty good for no prior notice or plan, I think I will try and get more felt so i can list these on my etsy site.



Also, I have no reason why my actual blog writing is so skinny.

No comments:

Post a Comment