Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Diapers

It appears a lot has changed since I researched cloth diapers over 6 years ago...and my memory has grown faulty in regards to why I did or did not like certain diaper covers. For instance was it imse vimse that curled in and scratched the babies belly or was that Bummis? Was it Bummis or was it thirsties that tended to wick moisture through the seat of the cover and which ones were the ones that wicked moisture around the legs?? One thing I do know is I LOVED the fleece stacinator deluxe 2 thickness diaper cover, it was perfect for my nighttime system. I can NOT find it in stock anywhere, and I only found it at 2 stores. Sigh.

I have a friend sending me some of her old diapers so I guess I should just wait to see what she has for e then plan my stash around that. I just feel compelled to organize the diapers...even if it's on an online registry. I WISH I had them set up on a shelf in the room so I could look at them, but that is just fluff nerdiness and I suppose a small part nesting. 27.5 weeks, we are getting closer.

I know I want to use fitteds and some prefolds, along with some pocket diapers for when she will be in one diaper a little longer than normal, plus a pocket diaper for nighttime with a fleece cover over top. I dread the trial and error of finding a pocket diaper that fits her (few worked well on Littlest. I want 2-3 nighttime set-ups, at least 6 easy to use, keeps the skin dry pockets for extended outings, 8-12 fitteds for around the house and 12 prefolds (or these sherpa diapers I recently discovered) for cheap diapering convenience, plus I will need 6-8 covers. I should make a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment