Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tea Parties

Today the girls had a princess tea party at the park, they wanted to plan a party and began doing so without my help. When they approached me to ask if they could actually have it I decided to let them as this summer has been very crazy. They planned the basic menu and I made some modifications. Cake instead of cookies b/c we had a cake mix I bought on sale for $0.25, blueberries instead of raspberry open face sandwiches because raspberries weren't on sale and blueberries were, Fairy Berry Tea, warm as Middlest requested. Sweet Tea and Unsweet Tea, cold as it is Florida and it's summer.

The kids just played in the creek mostly, as I suspected they would. Next time I will plan it for a weekend because it was mostly 2 year olds, I think the older kids parents are more likely to be back at work. So we will have another potluck park party before school starts. I will follow the kids menu more religiously. We will have to think of some sort of theme. NO MORE PRINCESSES!! Not that they did anything princessy. Middlest is just obsessed with them right now, luckily she thinks more of princesses then just Princes (although she is quite enthralled with that aspect of it.). I am happy to say that the other day in the car when oldest was calling her boring she turned around and said "Yeah, well I'm smart!"
Yes Baby, you are smart!!

These girls of mine are turning out pretty damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment