Tuesday, December 15, 2009

busy days

I NEED to get some pictures up. I am teaching the girls how to sew. They are making Christmas ornaments for their teachers. Oldest kept forgetting which way she was supposed to sew (she said the thread matched the fabric too well.) and kept asking me, so i told her to sew away from the fold. She replies "Like the fold is the lava and the needle is the person and the thread is the persons tracks?" It was so funny.

Also, in other news Middlest's birthday is coming up, she's going to be four. I asked her what she wants for her birthday and she told me " A tomato head and other things I like." She gets potato and tomato confused...as wel as light and dark. As in taht color is light blue and this one is dark blue. LOL>

I have been crafting a bit. Finished my sisters calendar. I should have taken a picture, but it's already wrapped. I forgot how hard it is to sew through paper. I mean construction paper for books the kids make, no problem, but THIS was nice scrapbook paper and 12 pages thick. I had to go out and buy a thimble. I don't actually know the proper way to use a thimble, but I made it work for what I needed it to. I was tempted to find a youtube video on how to use a thimble, but I resisted the urge. I am sort of trying to lesson my dependency on the Internet, saving it for late night escapades. The girls made cinnamon applesauce ornaments for the folks at the old people's home (we are going caroling with the girl scouts) and I spent a little over an hour tying ribbons on them. It kind of made my eyes sting a tiny bit. I should sew the kids some Christmas presents. Oldest and Middelest found some doll arms I had sewn and stuffed and shoved in the cotton bag so they played with those. Mostly they hit each other with them, but occasionally they hugged each other. The baby got ahold of them and really seemed to enjoy them, so I want to sew a head and use those, the arms, and an old super soft baby blanket to make her a blanket doll. I have plans to make Middlest a monster based on her drawing BUT I lost the drawing in my huge messy pile of fabric and sewing accouterments. Not sure what I should make Oldest, and honestly I am running out of time. There is still cookies to be made, and most of all at some point I should clean my damn house. I was walking through today thinking how crappy that my girls live in a messy house. Nothing is where it should be, and well it's just messy. I hate that this is their normal. God I hate cleaning too. I mean who can keep it clean, it just isn't that important to me until it gets bad, and then it take me a couple of days to get motivated to actually clean. I just keep telling myself other parents are like this too. The comfort of a mass amount of people struggling with the same issues is odd. BUT that is also the idea behind this blog...that no one reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment