Sunday, April 29, 2012

Baby Arrives

one handed typing while I nurse my new babe. The older girls will stay Biggest, Middlest and Littlest and new babe will be Baby. Baby was born March 30th at 12:33am, my smallest baby at 7 lbs 12 oz and my shortest at 20 3/4 inches, the other 3 were all 21 inches. Despite my really thinking she was a he, she is indeed a she. I am in possession of the most fabulous sentence and sometimes I just like to say it aloud to hear it "I have four daughters." It is this pleasant warm feeling that gives me goose bumps and makes my heart swell. When I told Hubs about it he said he had been saying it too. She was born at home and I had her in the water this time, which is new and different for me and totally awesome by the way. It was a perfect birth which is not to say it was pain free, there is something about a baby moving down into your hips and the way they open up that honestly doesn't feel awesome. I go into the birth thinking that I want to just accept this feeling in a positive way but while I know it is bringing me my baby it hurts and I can't deny that. So I move and I moan and I rock and I hang from Hubs and I imagine what the baby looks like as she descends and these things make it easier. I also laugh and I joke and I enjoy the company that surrounds me. I had a crew at the birth and while I didn't want to spend the whole time interacting with them I needed them there in the background, making noise, having a good time, filling the house with positive happy energy. My sister, husband and kids of course. Then my friends who also happened to be the midwife, birth assistant and photographer and a doula who I later felt bad for having her there since I didn't need her at all with the amazing support team I already had. The evening was a light hearted evening that ran in the way time does at birth's. It's not linear but all blurs together and it's the moments that stand out. Looking back it's magical the way birth's are if you are the one in labor or the one there supporting the mom. In the moment it was hard work, important life changing stuff that made my little family not so little.

No comments:

Post a Comment