Monday, August 2, 2010

Mini Protesters



I have sewn Oldest a colonial era dress when she presented her project on Colonial America, we are getting ready to visit Colonial Williamsburg in vacation and I am now undertaking a colonial dress for Middlest. They have sleeve ruffles and elbow darts. The ruffle is larger in the back, shorter in the front. First I sewed the ruffle inside out, and after ripping the seam I sewed the ruffle on backwards, that is with the longer part in the front of the arm. I have held it on her arm and have decided NOT to rip the seam out and sew it again. Honestly that is the joy of sewing for your own kids, it doesn't have to be perfect.










Now to the Oil Spill. I haven't followed what is going on really. We don't have cable television, only video's and netflix so I don't see the news, we don't get the paper, I occasionally read a news story on the Internet, but not often. (In other words I am sadly unknowledgeable on current affairs). However we go to bi-weekly library programs and in one the girls did a few different experiments. The woman told them about the oil spill, they mixed oil, water and food color and saw how it couldn't mix. Two weeks later they started talking. Oldest requested permission to use the computer so she could google image search the oil spill, then they set to work. Signs were made, an underwater world was made, pictures were drawn and doll protesters set up. One doll even had an oil spill dress. Yes, I love my kids, I just super love them when they do cute things like this, my sweet environmentally conscious, socially responsible little girls.



No comments:

Post a Comment